BRender Tutorial Guide:8 BRender Tools
8 BRender Tools
A number of tools are provided to assist you in pre-preparing data for use in BRender programs:
- Importing Models into BRender
You were introduced to 3DS2BR, GEOCONV and TEXCONV in Chapter 7. They will be discussed in more detail here. DXF2BR converts AutoCad files to BRender format. MKRANGES, MKSHADES, PALJOIN and VIEWPAL are used in 8-bit indexed mode to construct and view user defined palettes and shade tables.
- 3DS2BR converts Autodesk 3D Studio files saved in
.3ds file format to BRender
- GEOCONV manipulates (scales, centres etc.) model geometry and converts models from one geometry format to another.
- DXF2BR is a geometry converter that converts AutoCad
.dxf files to BRender
- TEXCONV is used to import and manipulate textures.
- MKSHADES is a tool for creating shade tables.
- MKRANGES is used to construct customised palettes using colour ramps.
- PALJOIN is used to cut and paste palettes.
- VIEWPAL is a tool for displaying palettes on the screen.
The techniques described in this chapter for importing models and textures are summarised in Figure 40. These techniques are intended as illustrative examples of how you might approach the task of importing models, materials and textures (and that of palette management if working in 8-bit mode). You should devise your own strategy, according to the requirements of your application, and adapt the above techniques to your needs.
Generated with CERN WebMaker